In August I set a goal for myself to complete a 31 day blog challenge and guess what, I failed miserably. Between work, gym, family, friends and being sick, I simply ran out of time. My Grandma didn’t raise a quitter so here is the blog to finish out the challenge. 🙂
11. My most proud moment has been losing over 60lbs since January. I’ve lost weight before but always given up before completing my goal. This time has been different and it’s been a great journey. Check out my Instagram page, positively_unperfect, created specifically for my weight loss meals and tips.
12. If I won the lottery…I would buy a huge farm to take in all the stray animals and give them care and love. I also would buy the biggest Louis Vuitton bag I could find. Hey, a girl has to treat herself.
13. Favorite quote: “Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.” (Theodore Roosevelt)
14. What’s in my handbag? My wallet, lip glosses (a lot), Carmex, fingernail clippers, a compact, VS body spray (Scandalous), a teasing comb, mini hairspray, bobby pins, coupons, work badge and random receipts.
15. My average weekday looks like this…Work, gym, nieces sporting events or out to eat with friends then home to relax before doing it all over again.
16. My dream job would be to work with animals in some capacity. Maybe a fulltime foster Mommy, nurturing the broken back to health.
17. Don’t laugh at this but my favorite childhood books really aren’t books. I grew up around my Grandparents & Great Grandparents so I read a lot of Guideposts and Readers Digest. I was around 5 when I started reading the mini mags.
18. I’m most afraid of losing people whom I love, family or friends.
19. My worst habit is over thinking everything. Although I may not voice my thoughts, my mind is constantly turning and analyzing things. Sometimes I really have to take deep breaths and force myself to stop thinking so hard and just enjoy the day.
20. In ten years, I would be perfectly happy being exactly where I am today. I have a good life filled with some amazing people. I am blessed.
21. Something I miss…I miss the days when things were simple and not hurried. When I was younger and didn’t have so many things to do and bills to pay. 🙂
22. My ten favorite songs: Borderline (Madonna), I’ll Make Love To You (Boyz II Men), September (Earth, Wind & Fire), The End of Heartache (Killswitch Engage), Hold On My Heart (Genesis), Truly Madly Deeply (Savage Garden), Blurred Lines (Robin Thicke), I Will Always Love You (Whitney Houston), Halo (Beyoncé), Bohemian Rhapsody (Queen).
23. My biggest pet peeve would have to be people who drive slow in the fast lane. MOVE! lol
24. The most difficult time in my life was losing my son. He was stillborn and although I rarely talk what happened, there isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about him. I wonder what life would be like with a 6-year-old, what his favorite things would be and what type of personality he would have.
25. My best physical features would be my eyes. I was once told that they look supernatural, I’m not so sure about that but I do get a lot of compliments about them.
26. My top 5 favorite blogs are as follows:
27. My two furbabies always make me feel better. I can have a rough day and I walk in to their soft purrs and my mood instantly improves. Everyone needs a pet or two!
28. The last time I cried was yesterday while I was cleaning out my guest bedroom closet I stumbled across my son’s memory book I created after his passing. At my baby shower, we had guests write down some words of advice for me, along with their thoughts about his weight and height and a place to say something to the baby. I read some of the sweet words from my family to my son and I was overwhelmed with emotion.
29. Top things on my bucket list. Honestly, I really don’t have a bucket list. I take each day and each adventure as it comes. I’m up for anything!
30. My favorite comfort food is chocolate and not just any chocolate. Dark, bittersweet chocolate. Yum!
31. Weird quirk of mine? I speed read everything. It’s good at times but often I have to go back over something to see if I missed anything.
That’s it folks! Thanks for reading my condensed version of the challenge!